Tuesday 3 February 2015

Bonsoir


I just got back from Paris after a wonderful week away from work and personal projects. It was great to escape the regular world and decompress. Jayne always knows how to mellow my frantic focus on things and allows me to enjoy life.

Here's a quick update on what I'm working on.

Grimm Journey:
Before I left I managed to fix up most of the issues I had logged for myself in GJ. The game now has some UI cues, more satisfying jumping and attacking, cooldowns and better AI. I've still got to add some more UI stuff, build some levels and add polish, among other bugs that I can't recall as I write this, but the game is starting to take shape. We'll hopefully get word from the Leftfield guys soon on whether our submission was successful.

Pinfall:
My own personal game project, CBJ, has transformed somewhat since I first started writing about it here. It is no longer a puzzle platformer and is now a wrestling-themed, downwards scrolling platformer called Pinfall. The dramatic shift came after thinking long and hard about the mechanics I had in place and what I could do to apply them in a more fun way. I'll expound more on this later.

For now, you can try Pinfall here.

Perl:
I've started looking at Perl, as it seems like a scripting language with some similar elements to Bash but a bit more complexity and wider applications to it. As a learning exercise, I've started porting the scripts from my Bash repo on Github to a new Perl repo. Hopefully I'll start to gain some proficiency along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment