Thursday 4 December 2014

Switch Blade


Probably the final prototype mechanic I'll take with me into the Ludum Dare game jam, Switch Blade combines the previous elements from Karate Orton and adds a pick up that switches two characters between two player types (strong and weak).

This was primarily a test of using methods from a class attached to one object script in another and a possible set-up for a game-state changing event in our actual game. Mostly though, anything I do at this stage is all practice and familiarisation; and I think I'm competent enough with the engine and the code now to turn out something in the two or so days we'll have.

You might also notice that I have ditched the wrestler faces for my objects; creating new materials and textures for each face started to eat into my coding time too much.

===

Play the prototype here.

See the scripts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment